Friday, April 30, 2010

Positive Minded Pups

Dogs are such light hearted animals, they can find the good in anything. It might be all they know, but that is how they live. I think people should try to the same. Its hard, but if you can find the positive in every situation then you will become happier with each experience. Below is an entry from "Dog People Do It Better" that reinforces this idea. The dog sees the joy of the specific day.

Abby Gets Fired by Theresa Mancuso:
"I was wearing a hand-me-down community service jacket with our agency's emblem on it. Probation officers wire jackets and t-shirts like what i had on when they went into the field to supervise community service work crews. A youthful sixty-three-year-old, I could pass for a P.O., and Abby loved pretending she was an official K9 service dog.
I had my supervisor's permission to bring Abby to work with me in order ti accommodate the painters in my apartment. The security guards acknowledged our arrival with a nod of the head. Abby rode the elevator like a pro. Up we went; Abby and I couldn't have been happier. I settled Abby down with a large dog bone and sat at my computer. Several colleagues passed my office on their way to the mailroom next door. They smiled and spoke to Abby, who wagged her tail effusively in cordial greeting, the picture of professional decorum.
Before the morning ended, however, the deputy commissioner had informed me himself that Abby must leave. I felt miserably betrayed by my colleagues. Someone must have complained about Abby's peaceful presence, and although I didn't know who it was, obviously the call had gone straight to the top, right to the Commissioner's office.
Our long walk to the subway station was sad for me, but for Abby it was a joyful continuation of her delightful morning out of the house and off to work with Mommy. Abby might have gotten fired, but as far as she was concerned, it was a glorious day at the office."

Copy Write: Dog People Do It Better by Theresa Mancuso, 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment