Thursday, April 15, 2010

Miss Miley's Grandpa


I just wanted to take a moment to honor Danny Fahler. He past last October after a battle with lung cancer, and his memorial service was held today at Arlington Cemetery. His daughter came into my life only a few years ago, so I didn't get the pleasure of knowing Mr. Fahler for an extended period of time. However, I knew him as a wonderful man, with a loving aura, lighthearted sense of humor, and one hell of a baker. I will always clearly remember watching him dance with his daughter on her wedding day and how handsome he looked in his uniform. It brought tears to my eyes watching them together on the dance floor. Miley's family is in my thoughts and prayers.

"May the road rise to meet you. May the wind be always at your back.May the sun shine warm upon your face.May the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again, May the Lord hold you in the palm of His hand."


1 comment: