Thursday, July 1, 2010

Walking Heidi 7-1-2010

Today I had the my first walk with Heidi, an absolutely lovely Golden Retriever. When I got to the house, she was upstairs. I actually had to call her a couple of times to get her to come downstairs. When she did she kinda crept down the stairs and laid flat and submissive at my feet, I'm not sure she recognized me. Her parents live really close to the dog park so I took her there for some extra fun. When I first got there, the park was empty and I didn't have a ball for her to chase. But leave it to the dog park to have extra tennis balls laying around. She absolutely LOVES to retrieve, I am not sure there is anything else in the world that would make her happier. She was almost hyperventilating she chased the ball so many times. I had to talk her into relaxing and taking a drink of water. We sat on the grass and I got to give her some love for a little bit. Other dogs came, and as her parents told me, she didn't even seem to notice them. I think I finally wore her out, because the last throw before we left she didn't chase the ball. I took her home and feed her some dinner, which she ate as fast as she could. She was a pleasure to spend time with.

1 comment:

  1. Once upon a time dogs used to just relax on the beds of their owners but now you can find some pretty fancy pet snooza dog beds that are made just for them.

    ReplyDelete